Floors serve as the foundation of our homes and are often trampled with spills and mud. If you have hardwood floors in your home, you will be aware of the fact that these floors are prone to wear and tear, specifically where foot traffic remains high.
Many homeowners prefer hardwood floors as they bring earthy, sophisticated, and warm beauty to homes. Besides, these floors are quite durable, and with professional hardwood floor cleaning, they may last for decades.
If you are looking for professional wood floor cleaning tips to restore your dirty and dull-looking hardwood floor, you’ve landed at the right place. Follow these wooden floor cleaning tips!
Ways to Clean Hardwood Floors
First things first! It is important for you to remember that not all hardwood floors require the same level of cleaning and care. Make sure you examine the amount of traffic your wooden floors get and then prepare for a floor cleaning schedule.
As per the general rule of cleaning hardwood floors, hardwood floors must be wet cleaned every month and vacuumed every week, depending on the foot traffic. For professional wood floor cleaning, make sure you follow these hardwood floor cleaning tips:
- Wet-clean floor using any high-quality hardwood floor cleaner spray for surface-treated wooden floors. Spray the cleanser over a 3-foot by 3-foot floor space, then use a microfiber mop to remove any dissolved dirt.
- Clean the entire wooden floor by choosing one small surface area at a time.
- If you come across a place that requires a fast touch-up, wipe it off with a paper towel that has been soaked with water.
Some Hardwood Floor Cleaning Tips
Declutter the Floor
To make wood floor cleaning quicker and simpler, pick up any clutter, and take small objects off the floor, including area rugs, or carpets.
Find the Right Moment for Floor Cleaning
Choose a time when there won't be much foot traffic to clean hardwood floors, such as when your family is away from home.
Remove Dirt & Debris
Always begin hardwood floor cleaning by eliminating any loose dirt and dust. To remove the debris, use a broom or a vacuum without a beater bar as they can harm hardwood surfaces. However, a microfiber dust mop is the finest option. The mop's fibers draw and hold the dirt, and you may wash the mop head to have a fresh mop every time. A mop with a microfiber head which is treated with any dusting agent can easily pick up dirt, dust, and pet hair from the wood floors.
Professional wood floor cleaning tip: If you are using the mop to clean the dirt from the wooden floor, make sure you squeeze the mop well before using it on the floor. This is because the hardwood floors don’t react well when they get wet and can get rot and other buckling damages.
Check for the Flooring Seal
Before you start cleaning hardwood floors, make sure you know the type of finish used on them. Does the flooring have a polyurethane coating to seal it? A water-based cleaning solution can be used to clean the floor if a drop of water condenses on the surface, indicating that it is sealed. If the water drop is immediately absorbed, the sealant has either worn off or was never placed. Use as little water as possible while cleaning an unsealed wooden floor.
Vacuum Robot For Hardwood Floors
Mostly it is due to the dust and fine debris that makes your expensive hardwood floors look dull. Therefore, cleaning wooden floors require effective cleaning. When it comes to removing dirt and debris from a hardwood floor's cracks and crevices, nothing works best than a high-quality vacuum robot cleaner. So, if you are considering professional hardwood floor cleaning, don’t oversee a decent vacuum robot.
Note: do not use the vacuum robot with an attached brush as its beater bar attachment can damage or make scratches on the finishing of the wooden floor.
The best choice is a Neabot NoMo Q11 to clean hardwood floors. Let’s discuss some of the features that make it the best vacuuming tool.
This robot vacuum and mop with self-emptying dustbin, ultra-performance for the ultimate clean. This robot vacuum and mop with self-emptying dustbin, ultra-performance for the ultimate clean. No more dust, no more manual disposal.
- At the same time, Q11 with excellent obstacle crossing ability can also achieve the easy transition between the floor and the carpet like walking on the ground.
Neatbot's ultra 3.4 inch slim body enables it easily cleaning the area, under your sofa and other furniture.
- 2.5L Large capacity self-emptying dustbin, automatic dirt collecting and disposal. Hold up to 30 days of dust.
- Thanks for its special design. Q11 works much more quietly, than the other robot vacuums and gives you and your family members a quiet environment.
Use this state-of-the-art vacuum robot to clean hardwood floors and leave your floor dry and squeaky clean within minutes.
How to Clean Hardwood Floors For Longer?
- Clean up spills right away. Hardwood floors can become discolored by excessive dampness, and sticky residue simply serves to attract grime.
- Mop daily to get rid of dust. Grit and dust that damage hardwood floor coatings can be quickly removed with a mop, especially in high-traffic areas.
- Use caution while using a vacuum that has a beater bar since it can damage floors.
- To catch dirt, place doormats both inside and outside of entrance doors. Regular mat cleaning is also important you can do this using a Neabot 3 in 1 vacuum robot.
If you're uncertain of the ideal hardwood floor cleaning supplies, speak with your flooring manufacturer for hardwood floor cleaning tips.